Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A case for your DR-05


If you bought the Tascam DR-05 I posted about a while ago, you've probably been looking for a case. Sadly, it's too wide and tall to fit into any standard padded camera cases I've found. Whenever I go shopping I look in the camera/other cases area to see if I can find something it will fit in, and finally I did. At the checkout line at my local discount store (Amazing Savings, located in Brooklyn and all over NY & NJ) I found a glove compartment umbrella that came with the perfect size case for the DR-05. It even has space for a rolled up lav mic or a spare set of batteries. It's one of those soft rigged cases, so it's not crush proof or padded, but should offer a decent amount of protection if you want to chuck your DR-05 into your camera case and not worry about it. I was easily able to squish in a spare piece of padding on each side so it's protected on top and bottom. It is the perfect case for the DR-05, and at $5 in store, it's definitely a steal. It even comes with a tiny umbrellaJ. If you need to buy it online, I only found it sold direct, for $8+shipping ($3 for me), which is not a bad price for protecting your Tascam anyway. (buying more then one lowers the price)
Make sure to subscribe on the upper right to keep up with newly posted deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment